Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Home sweet home!

Well, it was an arduous trip, but after crossing all time zones and being up for close to 36 hours, we arrived back home from Paris last night. We walked through the door like two zombies, carrying our luggage and two bags of Chinese from the local takeout for everyone.

The family was delighted to see us as we were to see them, and we ate and talked a while, and then I headed off to sleep, disregarding the 16 new messages on the home line, and the messiness of the house, or the fact I had to unpack...it would all wait till today.

Around 4 a.m., Noelle came down crying to tell me she got sick and didn't make it to the bathroom, so I comforted her about it, and after that was cleaned, I slept till about 8 a.m., and over coffee, Anthony came down stairs looking for ginger ale since he was up all night vomiting also...apparently the stomach flu has reared its ugly head here, as all the kids are/were vomiting and laid up.

After getting things settled, we got news this morning of Mark's sister being very ill with cancer. It shocked us and saddened us, since she took ill on her drive back to Florida from our home, we thought it was only a "stomach thing" and it turned out to be something unimaginably worse...they operated over the weekend, and we hope after her treatment, she will have a full recovery.

So that's it. Paris was wonderful, and now back to mainstream life for the time being. I have several new paintings I need to work on, and will be pulling new prints this week, so I'll keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...