Saturday, January 2, 2010

New year, old problems!




"Siene in early December"  oil on canvas 16" x 20"
Ha!  You'd figure with the start of a new year and new decade, I'd work with a clean slate--alas, this is not the case.

I'm still wrestling with my camera skills.  Granted, today was about as nasty and blustery a day I could pick to try and grab a quick photo of my newest painting, and as my Gran used to say, "Patience is a virtue."  Unfortunately, patience is still something I also wrestle with.

The wind was frigid, and I tried to get a few natural light shots in, but they are uneven and a bit washed out.  I'll post one here, and then hopefully I can get another, decent shot indoors.  I was being lazy and hoping to avoid setting up hoods and filters, etc., and hoping to get that one great natural light shot (I only took three to begin with LOL). 

Anyway, the photo is quite hideous, hehe...the painting looks much better in person.  I won't put it in the upcoming exhibition because it won't be dry by then, so maybe the exhibition in Spring.

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...