Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Busy couple of days....

I just got back from NYC--I was pretty busy running about doing "my thing" there.  I love the City, and I never ever tire of going--after all, it is my hometown...

Anyway, I went in to hammer out the details of my upcoming exhibit at the A-Forest Gallery on 28th Street.  That will be from June 1st to the 15th, and I'll let you know what day the opening reception will be. 

I went to MoMA yesterday, and it's always a treat, even when it was as PACKED as it was, in honor of the Tim Burton exhibition, which was marvelous.  Extremely talented man....

Despite the rain, and wind, Jilly and I managed to find a charming Tapas bar, and it was like going down the rabbit hole, with all of the quirky chandeliers and gauzy curtains...after drinking a pitcher of Sangria, we sat and enjoyed the wonderful Flamenco dancers...also giving us a marvelous show.

We left there and took the subway uptown, and wound up in a wine bar called Ouzo--drinking a hybrid lambrusco out of porcelain bowls--interesting and intoxicating!

We woke up this morning, and headed out to Tal Bagels, had pumpernickle bagels with olive cream cheese and green tea for breakfast, and then went and stopped at the Goodwill, looked around, chatted with the elderly attendants, and petted the dogs that were hanging around in there.  We also decided to go into the two local churches to look at the architecture--one was an Episcopalian Church, the other, Our Lady of Good Counsel, a Catholic church.  Both very beautiful and lavish, with much love and attention to detail in the ornate interiors...they just don't make 'em like that anymore....

Got home after a 3 hour trip with some traffic, made a fast dinner, and here it is, 11:00 pm--and I'm pretty tired.  Will start posting the new paintings...

Good night all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0MgqquN4Rs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...