Monday, March 8, 2010

New painting!


Incredible lightness of being...yea right! Well, a new painting is born!  It was a grueling weekend, with misbehaved teens, a fiasco of a drawing marathon, and raw nerves....I ALMOST drove to LaGuardia ready to set out for Taiwan or New Zealand, or wherever my Visa and my visa would take me!  Almost...

The drawing marathon was pretty damned funny in hindsight...my day started off with my dog disappearing thanks to M's brain amnesia, a faulty ATM that nearly ate my card, heavy traffic, bad directions, 3 hours on the road for a 45 minute trip, and that was just getting to the marathon...once there, there was no parking, the drawing rooms were packed to bursting, it was either freezing or sweltering in either room, and there was no room to move, let alone breath.  I went to the bathroom and came back to some older woman moving my stuff off of my easel, because she "thought it wasn't being used" for the five minutes I was gone.  The icing on the cake--a very unattractive man posing in THE most unattractive pose (looked like Buddha on a toilet)  for three solid hours.  I was ready to head down to the local bar by the time the 21 year old Don Juan wannabe next to me began hitting on me in earnest....it was pretty much a nightmare.  Through this whole fiasco, I received about 50 phone calls from my teens at home embroiled in World War III that got me so peeved I decided decamping to another continent may be the only solution....

Needless to say, I got a handful of gestures before some bozo set up her easel directly in front of mine, literally blocking my entire view.  I did manage to make her understand how incredibly rude it was to walk in 1 hour late, disrupt the class, and the artists in session.  She sniffed at the rebuke and sulkily moved her easel to a cramped but empty corner of the room.  I did manage one, horrendous drawing, which we got a terrific laugh over.  I will post it as soon as I get it uploaded.  I also managed a fast color drawing of one of the female models, which is rather lukewarm to me.  I was completely irritated at the entire affair by that point, and couldn't get into it....

Anyway, I have a new oil to post, and will have more this weekend after another shore excursion.  It's really the only place I can find my center anymore....

This painting is called "Solitude" and it's 12" by 16" oil on canvas.  The day was brilliant, cool and I could just feel pending Spring...once again, Avon-by-the-Sea, New Jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...