Friday, February 18, 2011

Scent of Spring, and I don't mean a fabric softener!


"Spring tulips in orchard study" by Hilary J England, oil on canvas panel, 8" x 11"

I once read a humorous quote that asked the question, "Maybe this world is another planet's hell"  and I mused over that for a moment, and sometimes, when watching the news or some other calamity, you might actually get a moment's twinge that it may be possible, but when you go out on a warm, damp, grey morning like today, and smell the impending Spring on the air, and all is quiet and good in the world, you can only smile and think, "This world is beautiful."  So, out the door with such a silly theory!

Yesterday was a hellish sort of a day for me, and with that being said, I'm just glad it's over.  I slept like a baby, and woke up feeling a 100% better...so good, I laid there and just felt comfortable, not wanting to move, just gazing at the weak sunlight that flickered through the room, and felt relief...

I have a busy day today, and tomorrow, but I will find moments to step back and just enjoy the beauty that is around me.  Sometimes, even when I'm painting, I lose sight of that, and everything becomes a task, a chore, an annoyance, but if I step back a moment, take a breather, close my eyes and clear my mind, it becomes clear and peaceful again, and I can smell the scent of Spring, and I can be happy for that moment.

So, that's what I'll do.  If it works, keep at it!

P.S. Enjoy the landscape from Spring...I'll keep posting the warmer weather studies♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...