Saturday, June 25, 2011

Haunted House!


"Full moon study, Jersey shore" by Hilary J England, 8" x 10" oil on canvas


I slept better last night, without any ghostly occurrences, lol.  I have been having a rather weird problem of the last few weeks with what seems to be ( (cringe) )  something perhaps paranormal.  I will wake up for no reason between 2 and 4 a.m., usually sometime during the 3 a.m. hour, and my TV just blares on, or shuts on and off for no reason, I've found my dresser drawers open, the hall lights blinking, but the other night was definitely the worst...I woke up on my side, and when I opened my eyes, it appeared the black outline of either (a) a child or (b) someone on their knees, was staring at me face-to-face next to my bed.  I screamed and in an instant blinked my eyes as I fumbled for my light switch, but the "person" was gone.  It startled me so bad, I did a check of the whole lower portion of the house, and found the basement door open, which I knew was closed, and this startled me even worse.  After a more thorough check of the house, with no physical intruders, I was able to relax.  Very strange!!

We have had routine "strange occurrences" in the house, as reported by different people, such as the kids (which I chalked up to overactive imagination) and a few guests (which I chalked up to one too many glasses of wine), but this has become very regular, and has become disturbing to my sleep almost nightly.  I do have ghost hunters who are crazed to come in here, but I don't know if that's a good idea, since what will they do if they find something?  Nothing...probably just make "It" more angry.  Nope, maybe a Priest, but I think the ghost hunters will have to be held at bay for a now.

So, that's the daily Weird report.  With that, I will leave you with a rough color study I did with an amazing moon in the lingering sunset down at the Jersey shore...it was quite bewitching and almost paranormal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...