Saturday, January 21, 2012

"Pony in a misty field" by Hilary J. England, 2012, oil on canvas, 8" x 11"
Snowy today.  That's nice though.  We've had no snow this winter, and I don't mind it, especially since I am leaving for Fort Lauderdale tomorrow, haha.  That's one of life's little gifts.  enjoy the snow, then head for warmer territory.  That's OK though.  I love the cold weather, so even if I stayed, I'd be perfectly content with the snow.

Here's is a quick little painting I did, and I say quick because ponies and horses don't stand still for so long, even if it's they are at a constant slow motion.  We have so many beautiful horse farms around here, but getting a quick painting of a horse or pony can be challenging, not so much from the beast itself, but from the farmers...you gotta watch or you'll get an arse full of salt shot, haha.

I really enjoyed the way the rays were illuminating the mist...very beautiful and almost reverent.  
I love unusual weather, and this was one of those moments.

So, inside today, after shoveling the walk, forcing my spoiled little dog out into the snow (she resisted mightily...I may have to get her little doggie galoshes), and now will work on the last day of math I hope I am ever forced to take!  So, although it's quiet today, I am very good with that too.

Enjoy the little painting, and I'll give more information about my upcoming show in Fort Lauderdale as it comes in.

Ciao♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...