Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Paris, Night Three

I had a good day in that I found Sennelier and was able to bolster my art supplies.  Then I spent time in the Musee de l'Orangerie, which although was small, had some amazing paintings.

I'm sitting in my little room, listening to French TV, and am quite amazed by how much they like American music--I mean, they have their own musicians, but the most often played music and most popular is American music...they really seem to like Katy Perry, which is cool because so do I, and various rappers...strange selection.

I listen to the music so I can hear some English haha!  It's interesting to watch American shows here (another thing they play tons of) like CSI: New York, called, "Le Experts, New York" and it's all dubbed in French.  I like to read Gary Sinise's lips and try to figure out what he's saying--you can actually understand a lot just by watching the show even if you don't know what they are saying....pretty cool.

I have been painting like a mad person...have done seven so far, and will probably complete 10-12 while here in Paris...so I'm staying in tonight, and no, not just because I'm in the city of Romance on the most romantic night of the year, and am alone like a big loser eating in the restaurant ;-)

The paintings are dark and mixed media, so they are something quite different from what I usually do, but my mind has been in a dark place for a while, and I really don't care what protocol dictates:  I paint what I want.  So that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...