Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Nice, day 6

"Gardens of Nice" by Hilary J. England, oil on hardwood panel,
8" x 11"

I better make this a quick post, since the wifi is on a downer tonight.  It took me the last hour to make a stable connection, and this one is weak to put it mildly.

Spent a very nice day at the beach, swimming, and that was it.  I couldn't fall asleep until about 5 am last night, between the mosquito buzzing in my ear and the house party across the courtyard that didn't break up until then, so I just kind of tossed and turned and then got up around 10 and headed out to Charvin suppliers, which brought a big smile to my face!

I have been working away, and I will post the first painting I did.  It is hard to get a decent picture of it, but this is the best I can do working with my portable camera and little else.

This little plein air painting was done in the area of some Musee or Palais, I wrote it down on a piece of paper and then threw it away by accident, haha.  I will get the name, but in the meantime, maybe someone will recognize it!  I have been wandering aimlessly like a nomad, and haven't been keeping very good track of the places I've been to within the city, just know that I have kicked around the old city for the last several days, and seen some pretty interesting and beautiful stuff--this was one place that really stood out to me.

So, friends, that's that for tonight.  I'm going to try to get some sleep tonight, if it will be kind and visit me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...