Friday, August 31, 2012

Labor Day

"Noelle and D" by Hilary  J. England
charcoal on paper, 18" x 24", 2012

Yea, Labor Day.  The official end of Summer.  That makes me quite happy!  I come out in the morning, and now I can feel the cool, faint, barely existent smell of Autumn, but soon, it will be here!  The crisp, clean air, the beautiful foliage, the harvest moon.  Yes, I look forward to Autumn with the same enthusiasm as I have since I was a kid--it was always my favorite season.

I have been working away, and have completed another mixed media work (I have yet to photo or post either of these works), and am working on a third.  There will five works in all in this series, each addressing a different topic/emotional issue.

For now, I will leave you with this charcoal study entitled "Noelle and D" charcoal on paper, 18" x 24".  It is a study for my "Rural American Youth" series, and I did several drawings in conjunction with that series. I'll post them as I photo them...I've been lazy in the heat, plus working on commissions.

Have a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...