Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Endurance

"Flowers and shade" by HIlary J. England
oil on canvas, 8" x 10", 2013

I am looking forward to graduation this weekend, it was a long, hard road, but I finally finished what I had worked and worked for, and for that, I am very proud.

I am in the middle of some sort of "back attack" that began last week, and has not relented.  After my accident in 2004, I damaged my spine along with my leg and the rest of my body, and I would get these infrequent attacks of nerve pain that would sometimes last a month or more.  Usually it would be in my lower back, but this time, it started in my neck, and the pain is excruciating.  It is now also in my lower back, and is making life very difficult right now.

So, I must do paintings that do not require me to go climbing or any other acrobatics for the meantime.  This little painting was done right in my neighborhood, around the corner from my house, where there is a tract of woods right along the walking path that is along the river.  It is very beautiful, and very accessible~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...