Sunday, June 2, 2013

Heat and reprieve

"Purple wildflower field at dusk" by Hilary J England
8" x 11" x 1" oil on canvas 2013


So, the dog days jumped right on us, haha.  But, we are holed up, with air conditioning now to sustain us, even in my studio, thanks to two strapping young people, Candy and Anthony.  They were able to get my air conditioning unit mounted, even in the face of the Fire Department pounding our door down, due to an ADT monitor error triggered (according to the Fire Department) by the heat, and Mark giving them a wrong contact number.  Never a dull moment, smh.

Now we hide out from heat and pollen!  The entire house is sniffling and sneezing and crabbing, but this is usual for June.  Usually, just when we reach our wit's end by the end of June, the allergies just go away like magic.  Happens every year.  My finger is starting to heal nicely, although the entire tip is numb, but that's to be expected. I can feel the cut way deep down when I manipulate the area, and that feels like it is knitting together nicely as well. I think I can leave it unbandaged from this point forward.

Graduation is in 12 days.  I don't know how I feel about that, except slightly dreading it, because I know I'm supposed to be so hyped to participate, but it just means a day of irritation to me, with rushing around no matter how early we get up, traffic, seating snafus, bickering relatives making the day all about them, etc. I've been around long enough to know the entire drill dealing with this pack.  All ceremonies are aggravating, and this one will be no different.  I'm doing it mostly for my kids, so that they can see and know that they can accomplish anything they set their minds to doing, through any adversity, at any age.  I think it's very important for them to know that, so for that, I put aside my own apathy, and put on my game face as the leader of my little wolf pack ;-)  It's my duty, and I never shirk my duty.

I was able to find a nice little field to paint at dusk, while Chorkie went mad looking for things to chase and urinate on.  It was a fast little painting, and fast is the key word here, because I gave up after being attacked by a swarm of gnats that kept enshrouding my head, and landing on my sweaty face and scalp.  Eewww...

So, that's that for today.  'Til tomorrow, God willing, have a wonderful day!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...