Saturday, June 8, 2013

Weepy weather

"Farm field at dusk" by Hilary J. England
oil on canvas, 8" x 10" 2013  

I have been feeling wistful today--maybe it's the rain.  I sat outside on the porch, listening to Ravel and Chopin, and my mind just kept going to nostalgic places, when there was more of us, in every respect.  When we hadn't lost so many people.  I could only sit watching the rain softly fall, smile at the memories, and pray that we can continue to rally. God is still with us, even though these seem sad and sometimes aimless times.

I began to clean up my big palette.  I feel a sense of urgency to begin a new series, but I get so pent up, it's like getting prepared to get shot out of a cannon (not that I've ever been haha).  I am intensely anxious, but this is normal.  My mind is gearing up for a brainstorm, and then I will layout the vision of my new series.  It's just hard because my brain starts going in all different directions, and I get very agitated when this begins.  So, I am pacing and pacing today.

Here is a little farm field I did yesterday, inspired by the local farm country, and the visit out toward my Dad's.  I was out at Mark's mother's farm, and the corn is beginning to grow.  Twilight and everything looked quaint and timeless, so very timeless, and so, a quick little sketch. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...