Tuesday, August 27, 2013

School days are here again!

"Happy cows in the farm field" by Hilary J. England
8" x 10" oil on canvas, 2013

 School has started, and I am thankful for that. As much as I loved spending my summer with my little sweetheart Madeleine, the summer was a stressful time, waiting for the arrival of our new baby little Isaac, and all of the other tests we were put to. Now, it's time to relax and get back into the routine and rhythm of things, as much as possible.

 Anthony is a college freshman, Noelle is a high school senior, Maddie is in first grade, and Bronnie is a preschooler! The whole gang is on the path to educational enlightenment! I have started to plant our Autumn garden with Anthony's assistance.

 We put up our birdfeeders, and are planting lettuces, cabbage, brussel sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower and beets. I am looking forward to growing the garden, because it is such a soothing hobby to me, even with my bad back.  I enjoy growing (I let Anthony do all of the muscle work haha), and then taking that produce and preserving it by canning or other methods. The Fall is such a relaxing season, with so many cool evenings and lovely and colorful days to look forward to.

 So, here is one of the end of Summer paintings, of some relaxed cows hanging in the farm field. The sky was so blue, and the cows looked very serene in their pasture. Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...