Friday, October 25, 2013

Stonehedge in Autumn

"Stonehedge in Autumn" 2013 by Hilary J. England
Oil on canvas, 8" x 10" 
I have been working away, now that I have my space set up in the basement for my sculpting studio.  I also put my jewelry bench in, as I am starting to make a series of sterling silver art jewelry pieces, and I absolutely love doing that as my hobby. Look for my posts as I start adding jewelry pieces for sale as well.  I love jewelry inspired by nature and fantasy, so I am looking forward to turning out some interesting pieces soon.

I had alot of problems with my photography again, haha, my old nemesis, the camera, when it comes to getting some quick photos up of this last little plein air piece.  I started this at Stonehedge during the Fall festival, but then the weather turned windy, cold and rainy, so I packed it in, and did the last bit of it at home in studio from memory.  So, it's sort of a half-and-half piece: half plein air, half par coer.  A hybrid!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...