Friday, January 17, 2014

Peace and Tranquility

"Lakeside flowers at dusk" by Hilary J. England
oil on canvas, 8" x 10" 2014

Things have simmered down for the moment.  The judge took pity on my daughter, with her never having been in trouble with the law before, and an extremely "flimsy" case against her which actually seemed to anger him that she was before him with four little children and an extremely agitated mother (ME), and let her go until the preliminary hearing, at which time, he feels all charges should and will be dropped against her.

I had to give this all to God, because I was fuming at the fact that the perpetrator who did this is walking around free, and actually making jokes that he did this to her.  A 70 year old man!!!  You can imagine how I feel about this person, but I gave it to God, knowing in the end He will deal with him, and that will be worse than anything I could ever say or do.

So, we move along.  Tomorrow I have an important occasion to attend with my old Master artist's retirement party, and I am very much looking forward to it.  I will miss him and his Studios, and the world will seem a blander place now that he is not in Coplay anymore.  "Time stops for no one" gets more and more true with each passing year...

Here is a little painting of the local lake, "Lakeside flowers at dusk" where I was trying to find my center again.  I imagined it in Summer, with the reeds and wildflowers and goldenrod all in full bloom.  I hope you enjoy it and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...