Friday, May 30, 2014

Study of sky over sunflower field

"Study of sky over sunflower field" by Hilary J England
oil on canvas, 8" x 10"

Here is a quick oil study of the sky over a local sunflower field.  I have been somewhat stuck lately, trying to conserve my energy for my upcoming residency.  It is daunting to me now rather than exhilarating as it would have been in the past, and now I am merely looking to get through it successfully at this stage of things.

I hope things do go smoothly, as I can't take any more drama or bullshit, to be blunt.  If this wasn't such a necessary travel, I wouldn't even go, but I must, or it will be a big, big setback for me, and I have had too many of those in the last year or so, and I can't afford that, so off I go, being dragged like a mule up a hill it doesn't want to traverse, haha.  I think once I'm there, the mental stimulation will invigorate me and I will ultimately be thankful I chose progress over inertia....There is nothing worse to me than feeling as if you are going no where, or the world is passing you by, and that's how I have felt over this last year, with all of the tragedies we have endured, now it's time to break this pattern, and MOVE ON...not in a physical way, but in a mental and spiritual way.  So, that is my hope for this residency...it will break away these mental shackles that have formed through these horrible events...and give me a clear and present vision.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...