Monday, July 21, 2014

Adjustment!

 
"Farmer at sunset" by Hilary J. England, 16" x 20" oil on canvas, 2014



"Farmer at sunset" I did this painting yesterday kind of spur of the moment, completely fabricated par coeur ("by heart" or from memory). I didn't use any references, just had this kind of dream of Romania at sunset, so I just went to work and this is what popped out from my imagination and my experiences there....subconscious! I enjoyed painting this because I did what I wanted, since there was no "direct observation" involved, just my own memories....

I have been trying to photo this, and it is caused me a great deal of trouble, as usual LOL.  I can't use my big camera because my d-link to my desktop is down, and I don't have a camera card slot on my laptop, and I lost my external card reader (along with a few other items) while I was traveling, so everything is kind of precariously rigged right now, until I get everything replaced, repaired and up and running....so, when life gives you lemons, well, you know the drill!

I have been trying to adjust day by day, as the jet lag is slowly abating.  I had so much BS that went on during the first days, including the passing of my beloved Fat Cat, that I didn't know whether I was coming or going...it was like being a sleepwalker, my mind refused to click into gear...and so, I produced something that was kind of in the frame of mind I was experiencing.  To be honest, I very rarely, if ever anymore, produce completely "fantasy" paintings without working out a design, an observation, a "plan of attack," etc., but this was a therapeutic painting to help me adjust to being home, so I am happy I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...