Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Stonehedge on a hazy day

"Stonehedge on a hazy day" by Hilary J. England, oil on canvas panel, 11" x 16" 2014
Painting of the day: "Stonehedge on a hazy day" This was done en plein air this afternoon, in such a humid haze, the air was actually chewy! It's never much fun painting in such humidity, but with lots of iced tea and water, it was actually not too bad. The old fountain was long dry, and the garden was overgrown and lush, reminding me of "The Secret Garden." I was the only one there, and that made it more mysterious and enchanting.

I haven't been to Stonehedge in a few months, and it was really nice to be back there.  Every time I go, I wonder why I waited so long, to go back haha.  It's such a lovely and relaxing place, and it's so close to me, yet somehow, I get sidetracked and wind up going elsewhere, so I will make a mental note to go there more often, and hopefully, I will keep that promise to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...