Saturday, November 12, 2016

The Marker

"The marker" by Hilary J. England
oil on canvas, 8" x 10" 2016
It's been a long few weeks, packed with excellent things, and the not-so-good, and the downright sad. All of this whirlwind of activity has left me a bit disoriented, as if I was rolled by a wave on the beach.  I am trying to get back to some semblance of normalcy again, now that the babies have all arrived, memorial plans are established, and my own health has been stabilized (hurt my bad knee) and I can just take a moment to breath. 

I was able to get outdoors for a little while and just settle and think.  I saw this scene, on the outskirts of the local memorial park, and it was peaceful and reflective and appropriate given that it was Veteran's day, and all that has ensued in the last few days with the Presidential election, etc.

It just felt good to be back to plein air working.  I have been pretty tied up with inside work, including working away on my Master's degree coursework, so things are pretty busy, and a moment to reflect is always lovely.

~Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...