Sunday, December 18, 2016

Snowy creek

"Study of the snowy creek" by Hilary J. England
oil on canvas, 16" x 20"


I have been busy working away these last few weeks since returning from the North.  I did get a lot done, and am wrapping up this term and look forward to the break (I am working on my Master's too).  I am also putting together a new Arts project for 2017, and it's going to be a big one, so there needs to be a good deal of research and coordination and thought and planning...but I'll talk more about that after New Year.

The winter weather is always enjoyable to me.  I know other people hate it, but I love the peace and quiet and purity of winter and snow.  There is something heavenly and ethereal about a fresh snowfall, and I will always love the bright, blinding paleness of the winter landscape.

Of course, I do aim to keep warm, but going outside and getting rosy cheeked and cold always makes lolling on the couch watching Christmas classics all the more delicious, with less guilt!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...