Sunday, January 15, 2017

The Fourth of July

"Fourth of July" by Hilary J. England
oil on canvas, 24" x 36" x 2"
 

I finished this larger studio painting the other day, but the weather was sloppy, and it prohibited me from photoing outdoors, which I prefer, so I had to try to make do with an indoor photo session.  My verdict: Not so much, haha.

Anyway, I really enjoyed doing this painting, both from studies, and par Coeur, because it put me into the mindset of warmer days as the snow was falling.  I, of course, had to go out and paint in that snow, but I'll post that painting tomorrow.  One painting at a time!!! Let me not run away with myself.

Here's to dreaming of warmer days and summer evenings~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...