Thursday, March 16, 2017

Early moonrise over the winter field

"Early moonrise over the winter field" by Hilary J. England

I have been patiently waiting on Spring, as we all are I suppose.  I don't mind the change of seasons at all, but when the end of Winter comes, we are usually all ready and chomping at the bit to move into the next season, and I am definitely no exception.

I have been more subdued this season, maybe because the month of February was so raucous with a lot of tumultuous news for me and my family.  Things are calming down now a bit, and I find myself just ready to do something: and that simply means more work.  More art.

So, I hope you enjoy this little study of the early moonrise over the dead field...with the new life just below the surface of dirt, waiting to spring alive with the first warmth of Spring.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...