Tuesday, January 9, 2018

By the fountain


"By the fountain" by Hilary J. England
Oil on canvas, 18" x 24"

It's been a tough few months, and I've been slow to post, but here is a painting I completed today for a show.  I really enjoyed the very high key lighting, and the contrast between shadows and light.  I also liked doing this because to me, it captures a moment in time.  When my Dad asked me why I didn't take the tablet and replace it with a book -- I said, "Because, children don't read books anymore.  Everything they do is related to computers, so that is the REALITY, not some nicety for the sake of a painting." Right or wrong, I am capturing this moment, and this is the current state of things -- the truth and reality.  Kids play with tablets-- most kids aren't reading story books anymore -- and if they are -- it's on their tablet!

~Enjoy <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...