Monday, October 5, 2015

Study of female torso and back



Study of back and torso, conte on paper, 18"x 24"

This is a study I did last night at the Art Establishment. This study was strictly a study of the torso/back, and I had the model lay in a way that was comfortable for her, which basically meant none of her limbs were visible, just her back, which is fine, because I wanted to just concentrate on that body part anyway. This wasn't an anatomical study per say, I wasn't looking to draw every muscle and the straie, but I wanted to engage light and play around just really spend my time examining that part of the torso as a whole. This study took a little over an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...