Monday, January 20, 2014

Sunlight and storm

"Sunlight and storm" by Hilary J. England
8" x 10" oil on canvas panel, 2014

This is how I feel lately, but that's OK.  I know that God is with me, and that the evil people that have surrounded us are getting their due, or at least, will get their due in time.  As the Good Book states in Romans 12:19, "Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, 'Vengeance is mine, and I will repay,' says the Lord."  Yes, these evil people who have tried to destroy my family, even some from within, will stand and face God, and receive their due, in this life perhaps, but certainly in the next.  That is enough comfort for me. I trust God, and with that, I move forward secure and confident that the evil that has been put against us will be dealt with completely by my Lord. I give them to God, and I do what is asked of me, I forgive the situation, and pity these people, because they live in complete darkness, and I move on.  I shake the dust of their evil doings off of my feet, and keep marching on.

I am happy today, very happy.  A new chapter of my life is opening, and I look forward to it with excitement, interest, and exhilaration.  There are many options open to me, no matter how haters have tried to crush out our hopes, it is not possible!  I am a Phoenix that rises from the ashes, always. 2014 is going to be an amazing year, a banner year!  I know this in my heart, in every fiber of my being!  When big change comes, it is like an earthquake, and sometimes it levels things we have shakily constructed, that we thought was good, but in actuality, was not.  We can't see it at the time, because as humans, we mostly fear change, because it is at best uncomfortable, and at worst, catastrophic, but if we remain faithful, all things work for the good of those that love Him.  This truth keeps my heart hopeful, always hopeful!

So, with that, I hope you enjoy this little painting, "Sunlight and storm."  May it bring a little peace to you as well~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...