Monday, June 1, 2015

Studio work


"Portland Head" by Hilary J. England, 2015, oil on canvas, 24" x 36"


I just completed this painting today, it was a little project I did just for myself.  I have a large space in my bedroom, on the wall straight ahead, and I was completely sick of looking at a blank wall there, so I decided I would paint myself a scene, something that was lovely and close to my heart, and would bring me some nice dreams when I feel asleep meditating to it.  So, I looked back through my old studies, and knowing I wanted some kind of water scene, found some interesting drawings and sketches of Portland head, and decided to paint that lovely lighthouse.

I had been wanting to do this for a long time, and the beauty of being a painter is in the future, when I want a different scene, I will just paint another one! ;-)  So, there are perks to being an artist, haha. 

I hope you enjoy this painting as much as I enjoyed creating it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...