Friday, October 30, 2015

Abandoned tracks in Pottsville





Abandoned train tracks in Pottsville, 11" x 14"' watercolor on paper

Here is a watercolor I did yesterday waiting for Noelle while in Pottsville. It was a beautiful day, such nice and gentle weather after the storms of the day before. I found these Abandoned tracks, and just did a rapid watercolor sketch, less than an hour, but a little Longer to pause and feel the sunshine on my face, the breeze in my hair, and smell the damp, earthy odor of the fallen leaves. How beautiful is this natural world, where the ethereal seems to cross over into our earthly plane, and the two intersect and meet every now and again. Those are the invigorating moments that make me so grateful...the beauty of God's blessings in such a wonderfully timeless yet mundane moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...