Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Series



I 've begun a new series, an abstract series.  I don't usually work as an abstract artist, but every now and then, I really see a group of paintings in my minds eye, that kind of follows me around, haunting me like a specter, begging to be materialized.  This is a series that has come to be as a result of that.

It will be a series of five (5), and here are the first two.  They resulted as "wringing" of my mind...a lot of turbulence has been occurring and here is a base reflexive response to such a maelstrom.  Sometimes, the frenetic energy is just so built up, overwhelming, that no amount of writing or even painting an assuage it...it has to be purged...so, like a volcano of thought, instead of landmasses, paintings come forth.

These are 18" x 24" oil on canvas.  I had thought to work even bigger, and I still may, but this is most appropriate for me right at this junction, so here is where I will stay.

In my mind, are series of mental images, thought collections with their emotion trailers, sort of like shooting stars.  This would be a meteor shower...this is like a slide show with the images on hyperspeed.  This is my answer, my explanation, my way to sort it out.


This first painting is called "The Dissipation of the Ransom", 18" x 24", oil on canvas.



This painting is called "Disconnect", 18" x 24", oil on canvas.

I will post the next two in the next day or so.

Ciao, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...