Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool's!!!

Life Is Beautiful

The joke apparently is on me!!  Anyway, after almost getting run down by an 18 wheeler on a blind bend  on the highway, after my car konked out, with no shoulder to go to,  I was pretty freaked...especially with Cannoli in the car...if it had only been me, I might not as felt as much rage as I did...we made it narrowly off into the weeds before almost jackknifing the trailer...

After the pain subsided, and we waited for the tow, I felt like my senses were super-heightened...I always get like that after a total adrenaline rush, good or bad.  I realized alot of different things in those few minutes after, and even now...and I feel pretty emboldened by the revelations, and even inspired!  So, something good came from something "bad" and for that I'm so grateful. 

Here's my parting thought:

Life Is Beautiful by Sixx A.M. :

You can’t quit until you try
You can’t live until you die

You can’t learn to tell the truth

Until you learn to lie



You can’t breathe until you choke

You gotta laugh when you’re the joke

There’s nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive



Just open your eyes

Just open your eyes

And see that life is beautiful.

Will you swear on your life,

That no one will cry at my funeral?



I know some things that you don’t

I’ve done things that you won’t

There’s nothing like a trail of blood

to find your way back home



I was waiting for my hearse

What came next was so much worse

It took a funeral to make me feel alive



Just open your eyes

Just open your eyes

And see that life is beautiful.

Will you swear on your life,

That no one will cry at my funeral?

 Thanks Nikki and other fellow travelers for your long painful road that truly enabled this insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...