Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cold and Smoky



"Winter dusk" by Hilary J England, 9" x 12" oil on canvas panel

It's dank and smoky in my studio today, so working has been a bit difficult.  My kerosene heater is smoking like a chimney, for some unknown reason, so this causes me to have to stop what I'm doing, and ventilate the area, letting all the cold air back in, so I feel like I'm on a bit of a hamster wheel today.

The painting I'm working on his hit the plateau most of them hit, where it's at its midway point, and it can either go all downhill, or I can break through and really get that complete feeling and expression I'm looking for...this is the difficult and most important time for the painting...whether it will live or die, sink or swim.  I find myself getting a little frustrated and "fiddling," since I've been receiving alot of distractions today in the form of nonessential, time wasting phone call interruptions, etc.  So, I'm inside for a minute to steady my mind, warm my feet, and shut down all distractions.

So, I'll leave you with yesterday's study, since it was so damn cold, it was a very quick one!  It's called "Winter Dusk," and it's 9" x 12" oil on canvas.

Hope you enjoy it♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...