Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Little Lovers

"Little lovers" by Hilary J. England
oil on canvas, 8" x 11" 2013

It's been very busy, and I am slow to upload my paintings for the last two weeks, but I am finding my way back on track, hooray!

I have several upcoming shows I am prepping for, and trying to upgrade my studio at the same time, so I am one busy mama!  This is the first time I uploaded a painting I photographed with my phone, since someone (I won't name names LOL) used my camera, and left it on, and of course, when I went to use it, the battery was dead.  Not to break my stride and put my whole day behind, I decided to attempt to photo today's session with my cell.  Not horrible, but not terrific either, but it will have to do ;-)

So, here is my painting, "Little lovers" as I am warming up to start my new series of paintings, digital artwork, and 3-D artwork.  I am really excited to finally have gotten over my "block" of what my new series would be, but it came to me like a lightning bolt (I love that!) and now I am ready and anxious to begin!! This painting is just a warm up study, and not part of the series, but as I start working in a series, I start doing little studies of subjects that are somehow related, even if its just the genre, such as figurative work.  This series of course will be a social realist, largely figurative series, so I have started moving into that direction with my studies.

So, have a wonderful day, and Enjoy!

1 comment:

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...