Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Goa

"Goa" by Hilary J. England, oil on canvas, 16" x 20" x 2", 2015
This is the third painting in my series of "travelogue" paintings, as there will be 12 as of now, perhaps more if I do some more traveling in the next few months (a very strong possibility).

The skirt was hand-dyed by a local vendor (he used this as his sales pitch to me), and I was able to buy it for only 400 rupees, and the other objects are all symbolic of my time in India this summer.  I didn't want to put too many items into the composition, as it becomes cluttered.  There was already a wealth of interesting textures and colors to keep the eyes occupied, so that more objects were unnecessary.

I continued along with the same perspective as the others and will continue as the unifying format in series.  I am looking forward to starting my new painting tomorrow :-)  These are generally a little slower moving as they require probably a month a pop since I don't work on them steadily, but rather in sessions...I'm hoping as the weather gets colder, and I have less distractions outside, I will begin to get each artwork done a bit quicker.

Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...