Monday, August 8, 2016

Poppies and periwinkles

"Poppies and periwinkles" by Hilary J. England
oil on canvas, 8" x 11" 2016

More plein air of the gorgeous poppies and wildflowers in this one little field I have found.  It is very calming to paint them, even when all else seems to be swirling around me...all the ugliness of the world melts away when I see a beautiful and serene landscape such as this.  It makes me feel closer to the Master Artist.  He certainly has the most perfect eye!

My eyes aren't always all that anymore, and today, the light was extremely erratic.  Rather than chase it, and have a complete disaster, I went with the strange half in/half out sunlight that was plaguing the day, and just concentrated on the sumptuous colors of the field. 

I know these cheery flowers certainly lifted my spirits just at the sight of them, and I hope that translated to the canvas.

~Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...