Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Studio work





Skillz

I have been concentrating on polishing my skills -- it's a yearly endeavor -- going back to basics -- like sharpening a knife. You can never hone your skills too much -- learning and refining are a never-ending, ongoing process.  It's like weight lifting and exercise -- if you stop, you get flabby.  That's how skills are with artists too.  

So, I've gone back to the beginning, and have no problems with doing so.  Monochrome value oil studies, and copies of the Master's -- like Waterhouse's "Lady of Shallot".  These types of exercises help to clean the vision and reinforce value, shapes, design.  I will continue at these for the next few weeks, as I have some bigger projects I will begin, and I want to be sure my skills are top-notch-- I want to be in the "best shape" possible!

And...


Stay tuned for new things to come! You can also check out my website "Happenings" page too for even more information about events and my upcoming travels--plus check out new prints for sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...