Wednesday, October 28, 2020

The Story behind the Art: Sunset at Summer Lake

"Sunset at Summer Lake" oil on canvas by Hilary J. England

My inspiration behind this painting is similar to what inspires me as a whole -- the beauty of the moment and the happiness behind watching the fading, warm summer evening, the warmth on my face, the sight of the colorful wildflowers on the banks of the lake as the sun cast it's fading rays in hues of pinks and purples and yellows...I am a big fan of Mother Nature!

I love these "mundane" moments in life - the simple pleasures of a beautiful evening, laughing with people you love, the sound of a favorite song you recollect from the past, the taste of a dish of food made with care -- all of these happy simplicities stir my soul and inform my choices for artworks that move me.  I love to share those moments -- to capture and keep them, they are interesting and beautiful, and they speak of the times we live in. Things around us can be chaotic, but we can choose to exist in a universe of beauty and serenity.

 

1 comment:

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...