Wednesday, March 16, 2011

New series offshoot


"Red barn at dusk study" by Hilary J England, oil on canvas, 8" x 10"
I've started to move in another direction with my series...I've included a wider range on the paintings, in terms of the view...they will not be so up close and direct, although they will still be a somewhat tightly bound composition.

I've started three new preliminary studies...I like working in threes (must be a compulsion).  One painting is the final phase of the teenage girls I was working with, and the other two I've branched out a bit, and I'm really excited to begin working on those studies and sketches.  I will also be working bigger with these paintings, with the smallest being 24" x 36", and a possible triptych in this series.

So, I am excited to begin this new phase in my series.  In the meantime, enjoy this little plein air painting from last summer.  It's a local barn, and I was working against the fading evening, but wow, was the sunset beautiful that night, with some storm clouds mixed into the evening sky,  giving it a really purple hue.  I am looking forward to the warm weather and the beach, and doing lots more plein air studies.  Enjoy~~

2 comments:

  1. Sounds exciting! I've sent you an email Hilary. I'd like to feature you on the EBSQ Art Blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just found you on the ebsq blog, so she did it! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete

Old Stone cottage and wildflowers

 "Old stone cottage and wildflowers" by Hilary J. England, oil on canvas, 8" x 11" Lest you think I have moved to some r...