Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Details and other mundane things

"Darlene with basket (outdoor gestural oil study)" by Hilary J. England, 8" x 10" oil on canvas

Red Dot NYC went really well.  I met a whole group of interesting people from NYC, and different parts of the country and world.  I also became acquainted with several other artists, and that was a really nice event.  I look forward to exhibiting with them again in the near future.  It would have been a stellar day if I wasn't nearly crippled from the recent back injury I seem to have incurred.  I was hospitalized on Friday, the day before, and this really made me extremely depressed.  No medicines seem to be working, and I am just madder than a hornet now...

I have been working in extreme pain, and this adds an element of frustration, anger and sadness to everything I look at, or even conceive in my mind.  I keep hoping the pain will lessen, and it has been, in very small increments.  I don't want to take any narcotic pain medicine, because it makes me incoherent, and contrary to popular culture, I DON'T want to be "high" and out of it, I hate that when I'm on the go.  I want to be clear and energetic, and in control of my wits.  So, I have been just suffering through this for the last several days.  Trust me, when you are in severe pain, and day can seem as long as a week...

I have so many things to do, and time doesn't move over for your calamities.  I have a newspaper interview coming up on Thursday, and I have a list as long as my arm of things that need to be done in the next few days, and I don't care if I have to drag myself around on a gurney, I don't have the time to be "ill."

I will be doing Art Expo in New York City in a few weeks, that should be a really good exhibition, and I am also prepping for some other shows coming up...I am thankful for the warmer weather, since that makes working conditions not so hard, and with the right chair, and some Chopin, I can almost forget the pain...

I will be at the Art Student's League on Wednesday, this time in session with Leonid Gervits.  I am looking forward to being there, and hope that my current condition won't preclude me from that...I guess I'll have to keep doing the stretches and the stay soaking in the hot tub!!!

Here is a little gestural nude I did a while back...enjoy♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...