Friday, August 2, 2013

Days on the farm

"Chickens on the sunflower farm"
8" x 10" oil on canvas, 2013

I have been interested in the farms lately.  Actually, I'm always intensely interested in the farms, not just lately, but I have begun to enjoy painting farm life, whereas before I enjoyed the fruits of labor from the local farms, but never really found myself too deeply interested in that vocation.  I was always intrigued by rural living, as a person who was born and raised in New York City, so rural town living was always fascinating to me, but I never pursued past the town living into the farm areas, and there are so many nice farms around here.  So, I began to explore this idea went I would make my weekly visits to the local sustainable agricultural farms, and so I started doing some little studies there.

Tomorrow will be a fun time, with a hayride  for Maddie to enjoy, and lots of other kids at Uncle Bob's 80th birthday party, and I am looking forward to my little love coming back to assist me in my studio, and give me hugs as we watch movies every night.  She makes me very happy just having her with me, she cheers my heart.  She loves all of the things that we visit and do, as the world is still wondrous, new, and unconditionally beautiful to her six year old heart and mind.  Her happiness and curiosity fans the flames of my soul with tenderness and hope, so I am excited for her to be back with me again, because she gives me purpose and her happiness is contagious.

So, enjoy these fine summer days, and enjoy this little painting of the chickens on the sunflower farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...