Sunday, June 23, 2013

Gray

"Study of tide pools and flowers on a foggy day" by Hilary J. England
oil on canvas panel, 8" x 10", 2013
Dreaming of the beach again!  Recalling the beauty of Cape Cod, and still missing it.  This painting was done in recollection of New England, based on watercolor sketches I had done there.  I had quite a few, and this particular one I really enjoyed, and thought the transfer to oil would be nice.  I might do a bigger in-studio landscape based on these, but I'm still considering yet, and am working on some commissions, so that idea will have to remain in the think-tank until I'm finished up in the next week or two.

Maddie went home yesterday, and I really feel quite lonely without her.  I didn't realize how sweet it is to have a little one around again, and how she is so adorable, working with me, soaking everything up like a little sponge, her innocent curiosity and joy.  It's such a wonderful gift, to have a child!  I can't wait until she comes back to stay with me again.

So, it's back to the usual for me.  I didn't realize how quiet things are until she went home, and now I decided to just get as much done as possible, to fill that void.  So, I have lots of plans for the next few weeks!

Until tomorrow, I hope you enjoy the little seascape!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...