Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Lemony

"Lemons on a wooden table" by Hilary J. England
8" x 10" oil on canvas panel, 2013


I guess I feel like life has thrown some lemons at me lately.  But, in the spirit of that, I decided to do a little lemon still life.  I won't get corny and say something about lemonade, LOL.  My modus operandi used to be throw some tequila back with those lemons, but not so anymore.  Now, I will just paint the lemons, and make them what I want them to be...beautiful even if they were painful, and mysterious, because God made them.

It's been a month since Isaac died.  It's hard to believe, it feels so long, and still not real.  More real than it did, but still not completely true.  How can it be?  Young men don't just die in mid-conversation...yet, that's what happened.

I know his first month in Heaven was wonderful, just not so for us here on Earth.  But, in love, we only hope for what's good for those we love, and that's how we feel for Isaac.  Only hoping for his pure and eternal happiness and peace.  We'll fumble along here and eventually find our footing, until we all meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...