Monday, July 24, 2017

The chickadee and the sunflowers




"The chickadee and the sunflowers" by Hilary J. England

Oil on canvas, 8" x 11" 2017


Since my chuckle patch of sunflowers are in bloom, I have watched the little sparrows and chickadees resting in the branches, so I decided to go find some more similar vistas out a little further, with no townhouses to break up the view.  I was able to find a quick view not too far from home, and actually get done before the monsoon arrived.  I needed to take a break from portraits, both of the living and the ones who have passed, and just paint a happy landscape -- as Ross would say back in the day.


I forgot how much I loved painting them, just in the month or so I have not been out and about.  I can't let time slip by me like that again, no matter how busy, or how good the cause.  It just leaves a hollow, empty feeling inside me, and I didn't know why until I started working on this, and the joy flooded in as I looked around at nature. Just glorious ❤️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...