Saturday, July 1, 2017

Korey Harwood


"Korey Harwood-11/10/2017" by Hilary J. England, 12" x 16" oil on canvas

This is the finished portrait of Korey Harwood, another portrait completed for my art outreach ministry, Healing Hearts Thru Art. Korey especially touched my heart. While I was painting him, I felt a most amazing connection to him-- very strong. His eyes kept "talking" to me, quietly and persistently. It's as if he wanted me to be aware of him, and to make sure I absolutely captured his essence, for his Mom. It was a very intense experience.

I have a constant stream of requests through this ministry, and as I read the stories of these people who are now gone, I feel a deep longing for their families. I pray for their comfort and for God's peace for them. I pray the portrait will give them joy, and fond rememberances of their children who departed too soon. The work can be grueling, but it is very rewarding. I thank God for the privilege to be able to serve these parents and families.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...