Monday, June 13, 2011

Drip drip drip

"Bad girlz" by Hilary J. England, 18" x 24" oil on hardwood panel


So, the summer begins...I have been working at a quick pace to get things accomplished...I'm happy to say things have settled down in the last week...knock on wood.  I prefer the quiet and ability to take peaceful walks with just my Muse...and not being hounded by the demons of everyone else's drama chasing me like a predator.  Plus, throw schoolwork into this maze...

This painting is called "Bad Girlz"  and is still part of the series of young adults, obviously.  I like to see the chronology of them, and how Noelle is changing through them.  Her hair is much different in this painting, and Maddie, the little squirt, is so interesting to paint.  This one was done at twilight, and the light was very orange and glowing...it was interesting to put them together with all of their colors and textures, and of course, energy.

I will begin a new painting immediately, since my own energy is frenetic lately, and I have to move in order to release this toxicity...

I'm hoping to get to the shore in the next few days...that will make for some interesting studies.  I'll take Noelle, and see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...