Friday, June 24, 2011

Say Uncle!

"Uncle" by Hilary J England, oil on canvas, 24" x 30"

This is my newest painting in my rural youth series.  They are of endless fascination to me...my mind is is fully firing as I watch them, hear them, drink them in, and then create a work about them.  It must be the beauty of youth that is uncompromised, wherever they are located, or no matter what their circumstances...it's like a diamond...it's still just as beautiful whether it's in the most precious setting, or laying in the dirt.

This painting is called "Uncle" and I loved watching the whole drama play out of the squirming child who wanted to go his merry way and get into some mischief or worse, and his young Uncle who lovingly yet firmly takes him from the situation...it was entertaining to watch the two of them, and yet there is always undercurrents of the elements around them.  The cool Spring evening, the bare trees, the bracing wind, and Uncle's resistance to the cold with his summer clothes in the chilly weather, the warmth of their skin and bodies against the greying, weathered clapboard of the Victorian farmhouse...there was so much that was interesting in this subject matter and of course my models who I love so dearly!

I've posted my upcoming exhibition on my website:  www.fieldsendart.com and I will be adding more information and other galleries as I start formulating my schedule for the upcoming months. 

I hope to see some old friends as I begin a-journeying in the next weeks, and I am looking forward to getting a lot of work done as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...