Sunday, August 19, 2012

New directions

"Flunkies"
Digital Artwork, 2012

So, I am working on a few shows around the country, and one in Rome.  I have been working feverishly these last few days, on some new mixed media works, including sculpture, digital art, and other works in my "Rural American youth" series.  I have been adding works in all mediums, and I enjoy that IMMENSELY.  Working only in paints gets stifling to me after a while, and drawing, sculpting, and other mixed media work really makes me feel unshackled.

This piece is called "Flunkies," and I had a lot of fun working with these carefree kids, as always.  More to come in the next few days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...