Sunday, September 23, 2012

Welcome Autumn!!

"Study of marsh at sunset with wildflowers" by Hilary J. England, 2012
oil on canvas, 8" x 11"


Ah, beautiful Autumn!!!  The air is crisp and clean, and the tips of the trees are turning that deep tinged burgundy, before becoming blazing orange and lovely yellow.  I love driving through the rolling farm country and seeing the beautiful fields of ragweed and wildflowers, so very magnificent.

I hadn't been doing much plein air painting, but I did for the last few days, getting some time together to bust the cobwebs off my guerrilla box, which as been sitting quietly since France two months ago.  That's OK though, as I have been pursuing other projects, and new projects are always a breath of fresh air.

So, here is my painting from a few days ago, out in the marshy area, the blue mountains in the background.  Just a quick study, but I enjoyed it immensely.  Doing little landscapes makes me feel at home, and that is always a welcome feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...