Sunday, October 7, 2012

Where does time go?

"Autumn path" by Hilary J. England
12" x 16" oil on canvas, 2012

Wow, a week has slipped by me, and I feel like I was in some kind of a coma or something, since it just scooted on by without my realizing it.  That's kind of scary.  I just don't feel like I got a whole lot done, and that depresses me, after all, time is what life is made of, and I don't like losing a resource I can never get back.

I have not been sleeping very well, and I think that is the problem.  I can think of a few reasons, and they, both non-material and people, are going to get confronted.  Now, there won't be a smack-down or anything, LOL, just one particular person is going to be told to be a bit more quite in the middle of the night, and I am going to confront what physically may be going on that I am having a hard time falling and staying asleep.  That's what I mean.

I was supposed to meet up and paint with some other artists yesterday, but the rain began, and it looked like it would stay that way, so I decided against it.  Then, lo and behold, at around 4 pm, it cleared up and became sunny and warm.  Of course.  So, rather than getting cheated out of a painting day, I went down the street and sat in the woods, looking for something to strike my fancy.  Since I was in a brain fog due to lack of sleep, I just began to zone out and paint away at nothing, literally just the path in front of me, and the interesting way the soft light fell through the trees onto the ground, with all of the leaves that are already down (when did that happen?  I feel like it happened in one day!). So, here is the result, and I hope you enjoy it, and enjoy the change of season in your area as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...