Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Parallax AF

Study of flowers and twilight sky, by Hilary J. England
12" x 16", oil on canvas, 2012


I am looking forward to the Parallax AF in NYC on November 16-18.  Should be an amazing fair, and I am really excited to meet new and exciting people.  I have been putting together my work for the show, and also working on lots of new stuff, but have been having a lot of distractions with annoying little stuff, but I shoulder through it.  My back has really been bothering me, even with my new mattress, and so I have cut my cross training down and will try some less intense stuff, maybe yoga, instead.  I am just so sick of having a hurting neck and back, that if I could swap out bodies, I would, LOL.

I am thoroughly wired on green tea today, and despite the driving rain, I've gotten a lot of stuff done, which is good.  Maybe I can relax later, after all, it's supposed to be my "day off" today.  Funny, that never seems to happen.  I'm ALWAYS "working," even when I'm sleeping.  How tiresome sometimes.

So, I have to go out and papier mache my new sculpture, finish working on a commissioned artwork, and I was hoping to squeeze a run in later, but this rain seems to be relentless, so I may have to skip that idea.

I hope you enjoy this quick study.  I really have been enjoying mixing colors and doing color studies, and twilight skies really present an interesting way to continue with my color drills.  I do enjoy them...they make me dream of good things to come, and hope for the next day.  Hey, that's all any of us can really hope for anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...