Sunday, June 24, 2012

Nice Day 4




It was a rather relaxing day, as the Ironman triathalon competition basically shut the whole Riviera down, LOL.  Seriously though, it did, from like 8 am to almost 9 pm, the whole Promenade was shut down, the bus service, etc.  Which leads me to my next sentence:  I can't get to Rome because the trains were mistakenly double booked due to the glut because of the competition, and we did not confirm first.  Big time bummer.

I am going to try and make an attempt tomorrow morning, but it's not looking too good.  If it can't be done, I will just take it as a sign that it was not meant to be this time around, and I will get there on another trip.  Can't really gripe over things beyond my control, so that's that.

The flipside of the coin is that because of the Ironman, I was able to walk around through old Nice, which is very picturesque and pleasant, and have a gelati!  Yes, they are quite good here, I will give them that.  I had a pecan and praline gelati, which was quite nice.

Well, I am not going to go on.  The wifi here is just intolerable, and I just lost the original post I had written, and I am too tired to go through the events of the day again.  Just remember folks, I am on public wifi here, and this is what happens when the government owns everything:  it all goes to crap.

On that note, I bid everyone a good night, pleasant dreams, and bonne nuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow in the Mist New oil painting

“Crow in the mist” by Hilary J. England, 12” x 16” oil on canvas  I was out walking along in the cold damp fog the day before the big snow, ...